Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Linzer Cookies

I like Christmas time for the opportunity not only cook and degustate that I've made, but the holiday atmosphere. Indeed, for me, as a food blogger and photographer, even though a mediocre one, such a lovely atmosphere (and Christmas attributes) helps me take some nice pictures. Yap, I hope to get some fabulous pictures this month:) I started my Christmas Marathon with these beautiful cookies, based on the famous Austrian dessert, The Linzertorte. I had been dreaming of buying special cutters (an probably dreaming about D) for a couple of years and last November I finally got them. I was so happy:) If you like crisp cookies, assemble them the day serving because filling with jam, next day they'll become chewy.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups hazelnutes (skinned and slightly roasted);
2 cups all-purpose flour;
1 1/4 cups butter (softened);
3/4 cup granulated sugar;
2 eggs;
1 tsp vanilla extract;
1 tsp. lemon rind (finely grated);
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon;
1 tsp baking powder;
Pinch of ground cloves;
Pinch od salt
***
Jam (usuaaly raspberry);
Icing sugar

1. In a food processor, process the hazelnuts until finely ground. Add the flour, cinnamon, cloves, lemon rind, salt and baking powder; process until combined. 
2. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the aggs and vanilla extract. 
3. Stir in flour mixture, Devide the dough in half and flatten into discs. Wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. On a lightly floured surface roll out each disk 5 mm thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes, rerolling the scraps. Using round fluted or star-shaped or any other cookie cutter, cut centres out of half of the cookies to make tops.
5. Place on parchment paper baking sheets, about 2,5 cm apart. Bake in a preheated oven (180C) until golden brown, 10-13 minutes. 
6. Let cool. Spread jam on each cookie bottom and place the tops. Dust with icing sugar. 











No comments:

Post a Comment