Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pumpkin pancakes with caramel sauce

After 5 months being absent I finally decided to post some pictures on this blog again. Actually, I've got a couple of enough awesome photos in spite of the fact that usually they are mediocre:) Yap, I'm such a self-critical guy:))) To be honest, I do not know how long I will be able to post recipes cause I'm so lazy, too, and these posts are not only sharing with my food world, but a really tedious work on my English...What's why  I'd like to apologize for my meager language and any mistakes...in advance. I promise be better:)

This fall I've been using pumpkins a lot! Really, I've never been so familiar with them before! In the past 3-4 years I was get used to adding pumpkins in soups and salads...and that's all! Sorry, what are you asking me about?! Desserts? Pumpkin pie?!! Pasta?!! No way....!!! It was some sort of...well... prejudice to it! But not any more - now I love pumpkin...Oh boy, probably I'm becoming addicted to it:))) Soon, if I don't give up posting, I'm going to share a great set of scrumptious pumpkin recipes.

This recipe I found on the Kevin's blog - by the way, it's full of really awesome recipes and ideas! I didn't hesitate for a long time and soon after we had a perfect breakfast. If you have never made pumpkin pancakes and still have doubts - don't worry. I anticipate you loving them. And don't forget about caramel sauce since it's a pretty essential part of the meal:)))




Ingredients:
Pancakes
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon cloves
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar

Caramel sauce
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (optional)

Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves in a bowl. Separately,  mix all the liquid ingredients and then blend the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients - do not over mix! Heat a pan over medium heat and not adding any fat (butter or oil) bake pancakes, 3-4 at once, until appearing bubbles on the surface and golden brown bottom, about 2-3 minutes. Then flip the pancakes and cook the other side until ready, about 1-2 minutes. 


Mix the sugar and water in a small pan and bring to a boil. Let simmer until  changing to an amber colour. Remove from heat and gradually add the heavy cream, stirring the mixture until is smooth. Return to heat if the mixture is not smooth, stir the butter, the vanilla extract and salt. It`s up to you either to add the salt or not, but it really gives a beautiful keynote.

That`s it! Have a gorgeous breakfast:) 






No comments:

Post a Comment